Sunday, August 26, 2007
Random ranting #2
Hello.
So the 1st Semester Exams are over. Boredom has reached a whole new level. No matter. As a matter of fact when I get bored I tend to sprout out random sarcasm. So, I will try to keep my self occupied by watching movies with friends, random outings, a ton of anime, and etc. Not to forget my most favorite thing in the world. Blogging. See, sarcasm already.
Well, I've been wanting to blog about this for while now, but didn't until now due to severe laziness.
Laziness is a fatal disease I tell you.
OK so I am not the biggest fan of public transport.
Yeah, I know less cars on the road equals to less pollution - save the world crap. And it actually is true. Seriously.
BUT. I just dislike going into public trains and buses. Car pooling is fine.
Maybe its the fact that people will be looking at you at some point during the journey and I just don't like strangers staring at my radiant face.
Well, I'm not saying that I don't do it.
And I think its a perfectly normal thing for people to do.
What else is there to do during a 30 minute long journey? Most people pretend to sleep or they say "I'm resting my eyes". Some read the papers or a book. But most passengers definitely take a look around surveying the surroundings and then they just stare. Either into space, the window opposite them, the passenger opposite them or the nearest weirdo possible.
Another thing I dislike about public transportation is that some people tend to blast their music out loud.
Oh, come on! Buy yourselves a pair of headphones of goodness sake. Jeez.
Is everyone supposed to enjoy that Paris Hilton song that your playing?
Besides that, overcrowding is a serious issue concerning public transportation courtesy. Its bad enough that the train is overcrowded, but some people just push you aside as though your some kind of Snorlax blocking the way to route 55.
Would a simple 'excuse me' be so hard rather than exerting unnecessary force on an unknown stranger?
Who knows.. Probably.
Don't even get me started on public transport in Malaysia. Some times waiting for the bus is like waiting for the cows to come home. And FYI cows never come home. And if its not bad enough, their now hiring idiot drivers to pilot the buses. A look into the newspapers will tell you what I'm talking about. Whats the world coming to?
Yeah. I'm done ranting. So just to change the subject, heres a joke.
A woman was shopping at her local supermarket where she selected:
a half-gallon of 2% milk
a carton of eggs
a quart of orange juice
a head of romaine lettuce
a 2 lb. can of coffee
a 1 lb. package of bacon
As she was unloading her items onto the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind her was watching.
While the cashier was ringing up her purchases, the drunk calmly stated, "You must be single."
The woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but she was intrigued by the derelict's intuition, since she was indeed single. She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about her selections that could have tipped of the drunk to her marital status. Curiosity getting the better of her, she said, "Well, you know what, you're absolutely correct. But how on Earth did you know that?"
The drunk replied, "'Cuz you're ugly"
Ok. This has to be the longest I've blogged. So I'm ending it here. I can hear sighs of relief already. Yeah, all four of them.
Goodbye.