<body>

Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Roses


As I brought my grandmother to the hospital, I regretted my choice as to not become a doctor. Constant muscle cramps. Hypertension. I knew I read it somewhere in Bio before but I just forgot all about it. The symptoms and causes.
We were all panicky, even though my exterior did not show but deep in my heart I feared for the worse. But my sister, a full pledged nurse kept calm. She told the doctor in charge what medication my grandmother was on in full detail. It seemed that uncontrollable hypertension was the reason why my grandmother kept feeling giddy from time to time and the sudden vomiting. Her blood pressure was so unstable. 
One minute it was normal; the next, she suffered the risk of having a stroke. But now she is fine. Currently recuperating in the general hospital. I will be waking up earlier than usual to visit. 

As the day wore on, I remembered why I had chosen not to take the medic path. I did not want to see death and blood everyday. Even the mental pictures of it in my head terrified me. A quick look around the ward showed me many people with needles stuck to their veins and various machines keeping their heart beating. 

That was why I chose to pursue a diploma in Bioengineering among all the other courses provided by the other polytechnics. But on a side note, doing a diploma course wasn't the option I sought after, after obtaining my SPM aka 'O' Levels results. 
But, given the choices given to me, it was either Form Six, Sunway JB or Poly.
I opted for poly.

Anyways, I figured that I wanted to be an engineer and at the same time help people (You know, help the society - give back to mankind - 
make the world a better place - yada yada.)
Well, I do believe in karma. What goes around comes around.
So when I surfed the Polytechnic website, I saw the bioengineering course and jumped for it. And of course, with plenty of doubts - And I still have them. 

So now you know why I chose to do this course. 


Roses

Kanye West

I know it's past visiting hours
But can I please give her these flowers
The doctor don't wanna take procedures
He claim my heart can't take the anaesthesia
It'll send her body into a seizure
The little thing by the hospital bed, it'll stop beeping,
.
.
.
.
When they said that she made it
You see the eyes gleam
I think we at an all time high
To get there we run, we fly, we drive
Coz with my family we know where home is
So instead of sending flowers
We the roses...

I love this song. The lyrics is touching and the beat is pure and simple. The above is just snippets from the first and last verse. 
If you want it, feel free to ask me and I may be in a good mood to send it to you. 

Anyways thats it for this post.
Goodbye.
Written at 2:11 AM



Me

~Hello =)~
I'm Alex
This is nuts
I'm Nuts


Tagboard



Old

Random Photography
Happy Merdeka!
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!
Random ranting #2
No NS for me
Random Ranting.
My roomate
I Pass!
The Strongest Nut.
Random Post


Older

July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
December 2008



Links

Radzif
Fahmi
Bryan
Yu Ker